Friday, December 3, 2010

I don't think that was the problem, but it was a good answer

I know you've all been waiting for the compelling conclusion to the insurance prescription fiasco. I got the medications in the mail. All were a 30 day supply. That's right, every last one of them. Even the one that I specifically confirmed twice, before I hung up the phone, would be a 90 day supply. Even that one. I made how many phone calls between insurance and this specialty pharmacy to get these approved?

I called the pharmacy right away and expressed my frustration to the woman on the phone. She tried for a few moments to see what happened before transferring me to the rep who filled the order. When he got on the phone he told me that BCMH only allows a 30 day supply. So all of my calls to Anthem were for naught. Where is that lapse in communication? When I asked why I was only getting a 30 day supply, could they not tell me that BCMH would only allow 30 days? I spent probably a total of 2 hours on the phone between them and Anthem and all along it had nothing to do with either.

On a lighter note, I have a quick Ella story I need to share. She was in the playroom yesterday and I had brought the twins downstairs and stuck them in there with her and walked into the kitchen to make bottles. Two minutes later, both simultaneously started screaming. I went back into the playroom where Ella stood looking at me sheepishly. I said, "What happened?" and she looks up and me and says, "They missed you!".

No comments:

Post a Comment