Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Just some things


Christmas vacation cannot come soon enough. I am so looking forward to having a handful of days at home with extra adults and absolutely positively nothing to do. We have been running to appointments and activities and cookie exchanges and i'm just ready for a break. We got all of the kids gifts wrapped last night. Jake has 1. I supposed its better than none, but I am afraid that Ella will notice if Santa only delivers 1 gift for Jake. Finding something that he needs is going to be a challenge, but its the last thing I need to check off of my list so I will take the challenge.

My call last week with Ginger.io went great. They seemed as excited to talk to me as I was to them. I was able to learn a little more about their company and they asked me how I got interested/introduced to Ginger.io. Then we talked about what I want to do with them, for them. They are interested in working together, but in what capacity is yet to be determined. I was asked to be featured on their blog series "What Inspires You" so hopefully we can get that ball rolling in January. I have so much more energy that I want to put toward them so I'm hoping that we can talk again in the New Year and figure out how to make it happen. 

I was on an amazing call on Friday afternoon with the C3N and ImproveCareNow about how they're working together to change the face of chronic disease. It was an incredible presentation and I'm working to get it in front of the eyes of a large group of CF caregivers. I think that if they can find 30 minutes to watch the guts of the presentation,  they would realize the value of and need for the adoption of their application. For anyone with CF or anyone dealing with another chronic condition, find yourself a nice little quiet 30 minutes and watch the second part of this presentation (start around the 17 minute mark). I would love to know what you think about it in terms of managing your disease. You already know what I think - amazing!
https://vimeo.com/55781687

One of the top guys at the CFF is coming to Cincinnati at the end of January to hear about our work in bringing the C3N to Cystic Fibrosis. We've been working hard to prepare for his visit and I can't wait to share all of the wonderful things that come from that meeting. I might even get to meet the Ginger.io folks in person! I don't know if they are coming to the meetings, but they are thinking about a trip out here this winter and I'm looking to talk with them about how we can work together!

Hoping to get a year-end wrap up on here before Dec.31...we'll see. With our luck we will probably be plagued with illness during the two weeks we have home together and I'll be begging for school to start again. Maybe not ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment